Saturday, October 28, 2006

Leaving Gibraltar


I'm flying back to England on November 1st. Will I miss Gib? I think yes and no, I won't miss the weather as I'm not a sun worshipper. It's ok when you're on vacation, but try working!
I'll miss the anarchic Llanito sense of humour,but not the undercurrent of tension that always runs between them and the Spanish.
I'll miss kissing and hugging everyone at the start and end of a workday, but not the constant shouting that is normal conversation for them.
I'll miss Spanish radio, but I'm looking forward to getting BBC radio 2 on any radio in the house instead of having to go via the internet.
Most of all, I'm looking forward to seeing my family whenever the mood takes me, instead of having to apply for leave, and pay airfares. So goodbye Gibraltar, it's been fun, but it's time for my next 'chapter'.

1 comment:

Cybernest said...

Que pasa Sue?

Heh heh! Great blog... and great post!

Well, I'm sorry to hear you're leaving us! But I'm sure you're kids and family will be delighted to have you back in their fold!

Gibbos with 'anarchic sense of humour'... who'd have believed it! :D And the sun... you wait till deepest February comes... let's see what you think then!!

You feel the tension with our perennial problems with the Spanish... yeah. Just think what it's been like for us. We've had to live with it... throughout my lifetime... and I'm getting 'long in the tooth' now... but Gibraltarians have had to put up with it for over 300 years... but with the Cordoba Accord recently, fingers crossed... it'll get better. Ever the optimist!]

Listen... if you feel any withdrawals... keep in touch with us over at my sites! We've even got a nice friendly forum, where the ocassional anarchic humour is seen... but all very friendly. Pop in and see us here: Gibraltar News Online

Anyhow, just thought I'd say hello and wish you well for your return home. Good luck, we'll miss you!

Saludos! :mrgreen:

Cybernest
Webmaster
http://www.gibraltarnewsonline.com