Sunday, February 11, 2007

First Grandaughter

Here's my first grandaughter, Jennifer Louise. Born at 14:32 on February 11th 2007. I expected to be happy when I saw her, but I wasn't prepared for the total deja vu experience. She is so much like her mum, my daughter, I was taken back 22 years to the day Claire was born. It was weird, my eldest grandson is very much like his uncle but I didn't get that feeling with him.
Adrian is very close to his grandad, so I must admit I'm hoping Jennifer will become my little sidekick! I sat and cuddled her while Claire went off for a ciggie, time seemed to stand still for me as I watched her face, counted her fingers and breathed in that gorgeous new baby smell.
I'm sure this little girl will have a lot of love around her, I sat and watched mummy and daddy together with her, they looked so full of joy I almost expected to hear angelic music!
Welcome to the world Jennifer, I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My mum would identify with that.. she looked at bethany when she was born, and told me she looked just like me.

I think she'd forgotten I was about 2 lbs bigger.. to her, she had been taken back in time. :)