Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My family just grows and grows...


After months of anxiety, Sophie Louise arrived to redress the gender balance in our family. Helen has 3 boys all of whom were born without fuss after uneventful pregnancies. This time Helen had a miscarriage that turned out to be a twin, Sophie survived. Spookily, Helen is a twin, the same thing happened to me. Then she developed gestational diabetes and acute fatty liver of pregnancy. The hospital decided to induce labour at 37 weeks as there was a risk to mum and baby if they didn't. Sophie decided to move to an awkward position and a C- section was necessary. For those who think it's the easy way to give birth , Helen says it's not! She can't believe anyone would choose this method. Mum and baby are fine, granny is really busy helping them both but I love it. Sophie looks just like her mum, slightly annoyed at being on the outside but I'm sure she'll get over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd just about given up on your blog! LOL

I agree, there's nothing easy about a c/section.. and it was even worse the second time around!

I'm glad everyone is settling down, and doing well.

sue said...

I'd nearly given up on my blog too! but I was just as bad with diaries when I was younger!