Friday, January 04, 2013

My 2013 frugal life challenge

Christmas is over, we're  all back at work and the bank balance is very unhealthy looking. I  don't  want it to be another year of counting the days to the next paycheck. Nor do I want to dread anniversaries, invitations turning them down because I can't  afford to go. So my one resolution is this is the year I finally sort my cash flow out once & for all.

My first nasty shock was to see exactly how much I spent on public transport, I can't avoid using it for work but hopping on the bus for short trips had become a habit. £55 on the oyster card in 3 weeks. I can't blame work as that's outside the oyster zones so a different budget. It's tempting when the joints are hurting, but exercise helps I just have to be firm with myself. This week I've used the bus once, it would've been 6 times by now & my pocket and knees feel better for it!

No comments: